Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp and IDE control? — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp and IDE control?

wackyvorlonwackyvorlon Posts: 2
edited 2005-03-04 21:59 in BASIC Stamp
I'm new to the basic stamp, having generally noted it in passing, I finally shelled out the cash and bought the homework board kit being offered through RadioShack. I must say, I've fallen head over heels in love with the little thing. Spent an afternoon playing with it and no trouble at all, very useful and yet very easy to get started with. I have a project in mind, and I was wondering if I may find thoughts on implementing it. I happen to have a distinct surplus of old, useless hard-drives laying around that still work. I want to open the drive up, give it a suitable power supply, and have the basic stamp issue commands to the drive to make it rattle the heads every so often. Make an interesting sort of display to hand on the wall.

Thus, I arrive at my question: Does anyone know of resources for interfacing the basic stamp to an IDE hard-drive? I would be greatly obliged by any assistance the community has to hand.

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2005-03-04 21:59
    I don't know what became of this project, but here is a guy who did something along the lines, and with a lot
    of external IC hardware was able to "talk" to a BS2 with his IDE project.

http://server.barrymichels.com/ide/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe - Mask Designer III

National Semiconductor Corporation
    (Communication Interface Division)
    500 Pinnacle Court, Suite 525
    Mail Stop GA1
    Norcross,GA 30071

Post Edited (Beau Schwabe) : 3/4/2005 10:05:23 PM GMT