Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
wher to hook up a L.C.D display ?????? — Parallax Forums

wher to hook up a L.C.D display ??????

propwashpropwash Posts: 20
edited 2005-02-27 07:37 in BASIC Stamp
·i hope some one can help me with this project??
·what im trying to do is hook up a L.C.D display to this lightning monitor and· have it read some thing along the lines of lightning has reached severe level or something a long that lines?? here is the web site to look at the product. i have all ready built the complete unit and it works and all i wat to do is add on a L.C.D display and keep the L.E.Ds with the L.C.D display.
· http://homepage.mac.com/tbitson/weather/bslam/index.html
·also look a the program and tell me if it can support the current program along with the L.C.D program which would need to be made up. also look at the program and please tell me how i can cange the strike rate and how i can make it have a L.E.D saty on till a higher strike rate happens.
thanks for any help and feel free to e-mail me.
steven·· e-mail propwash79@aol.com

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-02-26 19:31
    This is a cool project!· Adding an LCD isn't a problem, basically I would use a serial LCD for ease of use.· Here is a link to some serial LCDs:· http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/products/audiovisual/audio_visual.asp· The serial LCD uses only one I/O pin, Vdd, and Vss for a connection.· Depending on what information you want to display, you will need to create a variable representing the information.· This will allow you to use the SEROUT command to send over the information to the serial LCD.· I believe you mentioned that you want to read in the different levels of activity and when it reaches a certain level that you like to send that information to an LCD?· Also what did want to change with the strike rate?· When you are finished with this project, it would be a great one for the "Project" section on the forums.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Pinoy NYCPinoy NYC Posts: 30
    edited 2005-02-27 07:37
    nice project... I bookmarked it for future reference. Hope you wil not move the site.