Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No Stamp Found??? — Parallax Forums

No Stamp Found???

LittlebuckLittlebuck Posts: 7
edited 2005-02-25 01:45 in BASIC Stamp
Need Help!!!! I'm Totally new to this. Would appreciate any helpful information.
I,m trying to get my new Basic Stamp2 Module to communicate and have tried using Rs-232 Serial Cable, Serial to USB converter Cable, & Null Modem cable. I first tried using the Module on a board that I built which was supplied with the Evil Genious Experiments Book and Voltages seem to be O.K. through the stamp, but got the message "No Stamp Found". I think it's a communication problem? I also rewired a very basic circuit on a breadboard with only the essentials for the stamp and got a little response as follows. When I use a Crossover cable, I get an echo, no loopback. when I use a serial cable , Sometimes... I get loopback but no echo. I had my PLC instructor at school try to help me try to figure it out and he was puzzled also. We tried different Baud rates, cables , and scratched our heads a lot, but no progress. I'm using Windows XP at home and tried Windows 98 at school if it makes any difference?

Any helpful info greatly appreciated, thanks
LITTLEBUCK

Comments

• Jonathan AllisonJonathan Allison Posts: 96
    edited 2005-02-25 01:41
    I don't want to dissapoint you, and I definitly could be wrong:

I had the same problem with my first stamp, turned out the stamp was fried, I had to get a new one. I actually ended up frying the stamp using a board I built, its easy to make mistakes when you are first starting out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Johnny
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2005-02-25 01:45
    I'd go with Jonathan-use the HomeWork Bord or Boe.
    bugg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Geordi: "It's like the laws of physics went right out the window!"
    Q: "And why shouldn't they, there so inconvinient!"

Geordi LaForge, Chief Engineer, USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D
    Q, Omnipotent Prankster