Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
"Ping" ultrasonic board — Parallax Forums

"Ping" ultrasonic board

RickBRickB Posts: 395
edited 2005-02-24 15:55 in BASIC Stamp
Saw the new Ping board advertised in the new N/V. Any more info available?

Rick

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-02-22 20:36
    We should have some information available soon and we will definitely post it on our website as soon as it is available.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-02-23 17:23
    Rick,

Customers will be able to place backorders for the Ping module starting today. Orders will be filled in the order they are received. We'll provide a link on our home page to the Ping sensor.

More to follow.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-02-23 17:59
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28015

hmmm...apparently I missed that page in my N/V mag.

nothing too descript on the webpage so far!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-02-23 18:22
    Very nice! $24.95 for a 0.8" to 11 foot ultrasonic (40 Khz) ranger! You guys are the best.

I would like to know the 'cone of detection', though. I'm sure all this stuff will be published by you guys eventually.

This looks like a very nice product. Thanks.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-02-23 19:15
    Allan,

Documentation will be posted shortly on the same page. We're taking the "cone of detection" characterization issue seriously with our own testing research and will post that data within a day or two. For now, I will tell you that it is a narrow cone of detection.

Thanks,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-02-24 00:45
    You want docs ... you got 'em.· Please note that my article was written with an early prototype and the hold-off beteen the trigger falling edge and the start of the echo pulse has been changed from 500 to 350 microseconds.· This has no effect on measurement or performance.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • RickBRickB Posts: 395
    edited 2005-02-24 04:48
    The"Ping" board is listed in products\accessories\sensors under the heading; Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger. Probably should rename that, guys.

Rick
  • bobledouxbobledoux Posts: 187
    edited 2005-02-24 14:21
    When the Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger was first marketed it went for about $25 in the USA. The price quickly jumped. Its good seeing some competition. Parallax should sell lots of these things. Twenty dollars each in sets of five is a good deal. Think of some of the early MIT robots that were using 16 Polaroid sensors in a ring at about $200 each. We've come a long way.

Parallax might consider another price break for a "12 or 16-pak," depending on the number required to cover 360 degrees.
  • WhelzornWhelzorn Posts: 256
    edited 2005-02-24 15:55
    yeah, I saw that ad on the back of the new Nuts & Volts too. I will definitely be buying one... or five of these (five for $100 in not bad at all!). Thanks a ton guys, not only does it save a pin when compared to the SRF-04, but it's much more competitively priced!

Thanks again parallax!

Justin W.