Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
cannot stop program — Parallax Forums

cannot stop program

GlenGlen Posts: 13
edited 2005-03-03 17:49 in BASIC Stamp
When I complete any of the "activities" in Robotics with Boe-Bot the led or servo comtinue to blink or rotate. End seems to put the Stamp to sleep mode. An answer from Chris on this forum said to try Finished the GOTO Finish. This has no effect. SAtamp doesnt seem to recognize Finish.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glen

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-02-20 03:04
    I believe that was something I suggested in another thread...It works...Try:

Finish:
       GOTO Finish

Are you using the colong after the label?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --==<{Chris}>==--
    edited 2005-02-20 03:08
    Oh, BTW, Finish isn't a keyword, it's a label.· So PBASIC isn't going to "recognize" it as such.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --==<{Chris}>==--
  • GlenGlen Posts: 13
    edited 2005-02-25 14:40
    Chris: Many thanks for your help and patience. It works!! At least I think it seems to. Your magic crystal ball must be working. I overlooked the "colon".

Thanks again
    edited 2005-02-25 21:21
    Glen,

·· No problem.· Another thing you can do is terminate the program with STOP instead of END.· STOP will terminate the program without putting the Stamp into SLEEP mode.· Take Care!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --==<{Chris}>==--
    edited 2005-03-03 17:47
    Hi Chris: Again thanks for your responses. Guess I spoke too soon! I can not get "Finish etc" to work! Will try stop next. What am I doing wrong? Finish seems to have no effect. When the program gets to "loop" it seems to do just that.e.·The LED just·keeps·blinking away·I'm puzzled.
    edited 2005-03-03 17:49
    BTW the servos do NOT continue. Only the LEDS.