Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Voltage conversion — Parallax Forums

Voltage conversion

homesch00lkidhomesch00lkid Posts: 20
edited 2005-02-19 06:28 in Robotics
In a project that I am working on I need 325±25Vdc for a component, and I have 12Vdc and 5Vdc·available·in my circuit. Can anyone help with this? It needs to be very small and lightweight.

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-02-18 22:40
    325V? whats the current required? Regardless you'll likely be forced to design it yourself, and its by absolutley no means a beginner's or even a novice's project. To get that you'll need to generate AC that is even higher volts and you run serious risk of arcing.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-02-18 22:42
    Hmm, actually I think I remember an article at www.edn.com·that may have covered providing high voltage references for specialty components, it is in the archives of the "design ideas" section. But i would look at the specification sheet for the component to give guidance.
  • awassonawasson Posts: 57
    edited 2005-02-19 06:28
    You can probably find a circuit in Forrest Mims Engineer's Notebook. I've bought this at least 3 times in 3 decades and it's always a good standby. I'm sure I saw a voltage multiplier circuit in it somewhere where you use a low voltage (9v) and get a high voltage output.