Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gecko servo drive to basic stamp — Parallax Forums

Gecko servo drive to basic stamp

David27David27 Posts: 4
edited 2005-02-17 07:30 in BASIC Stamp
I'm planning to run an automated process with 3 or 4 dc servo motors.·
I've got·my homework board·wired up right now to a Gecko drive G320 brush type servo drive.· The Gecko runs like a stepper motor drive on step and direction pulses.
The servo motor has an HP encoder on it for the Gecko drive to monitor the motor position.
My problem is this:· I can't seem to get more than about 20 rpms out of the servo.· I can certainly slow it down, but can't make it go any faster.
I've been using the PULSOUT command and a duration of 1.· I've got the postion part figured out, ie I can make it turn any number of rotations I want then stop.
Can someone advise me of a simple program to get me started?·I'd like to be able to enter a simple R or L·for direction control and a number of rotations in the·debug terminal.
Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2005-02-17 07:30
    I took a quick look at the specs of the drive, pulse timing on 0 is 0.5 microsec. minimum. Don't know what kind of stamp you have , but the best a bs2 can do is 2us, and a bs24p is 0.8. Could be the stamp just isn't fast enough to obtain a higher rpm. Unit also runs at 25Khz, maybe the baudrate is an issue. Just a guess.
    kelvin

Post Edited (kelvin james) : 2/17/2005 6:58:21 PM GMT