Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
just got my boe-bot — Parallax Forums

just got my boe-bot

waltwalt Posts: 27
edited 2005-02-18 22:30 in BASIC Stamp
just got my boe-bot ,·new to all this .· I can not get program page 113[noparse][[/noparse]·test servo]· to work.· When I start program· the right servo starts .and I can't change pulswidth.

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 4:01:07 AM GMT

Comments

• waltwalt Posts: 27
    edited 2005-02-13 19:43
    what code do you mean
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2005-02-13 19:46
    The code that is not working on page 113.
    bugg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I think I know what I'm doing...
    edited 2005-02-13 19:52
    ok there must be something I don't know where there is no code on pg 113 does c o d e mean something I must learn.
    edited 2005-02-13 20:09
    sorry I guess I must not be one of the group since I new . I am 13 yrs old I guess you people must think a lot of yourself. THANKS
  • achilles03achilles03 Posts: 247
    edited 2005-02-13 20:43
    Walt,
    I don't have any experience with that program, but I'm sure someone would be glad to help. But don't expect an answer in only 30 minutes... give it a day or so, so that a lot of people have a chance to look over your question. If we only liked answering questions from experienced people, then there wouldn't be many questions and it would be a pretty boring forum!

Dave
  • Robert SchwartzRobert Schwartz Posts: 141
    edited 2005-02-13 21:51
    Post the code that isn't working or link to the online manual so we can help you.
    edited 2005-02-17 21:13
    I have reread this book over 3 times up to pg 137 " the book that came with the Boe-Bot. " Robotics with the boe -bot student guide " version 2.2 no where does it mention CODE. Does it mean part of the program.
    edited 2005-02-17 21:24
    Is there anything written in PBasic on page 113? What program are you trying to run that you are having trouble with.
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-02-17 21:50
    Walt -

The word "code" is just shorthand for programming code or programming instructions. These are the set of commands and definitions of data items which comprise the directions given by the programmer to permit a computer, micro-computer, or microcontroller to function as he/she instructs it to do. There is no cryptographic meaning in this usage. So too, there is nothing secretive or sinister about it.

The instructions or "code" is not generally in a plain form language such as those in which we might speak or write on an everyday basis (English, French, German, etc), although varients of the Basic Language are fairly close relatives to natural spoken and written languages.

If/when someone says "Show us the code" they might better be saying "Show us the programming instructions that you have developed to perform the task you have defined" or "Show us the programming instruction with which you're having a problem", whether written by you or others. Obviously, "Show us the code", as an extreme shorthand, is much shorter, easier, and faster to type.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2005-02-17 22:45
    Walt-

····· First of all, There are many different people who frequent this forum.· Many who've been there and many who are headed there. People from all over the world. There are old and young.· Professional programmers and engineers and some who just do it for fun. as achilles03·said you cant always expect immediate results, people are in school, work, ect.

anyways ... I have used this kit before and enjoyed it very much. SO if you could please post the programm that you actually downloaded to the boebot it would be great help.· This program(code) from the manual does work if copied as listed. So you may have made a small mistake, that during you time of frustration you may have overlooked(we all do it!).

also as a side note there is tons of info to help you out on the parallax web site.

www.parallax.com look through the site like the nuts and volts articles.

all of the books that parallax authors have written are posted on the site as PDF's

this page you are talking about is on the PDF as pages 127-128

~DAN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
    edited 2005-02-18 21:39
    boy did I goof I read the same thing 4 times and still got it wrong. I did not notice the word was debug"in" not debug. I would like to thank every one for there patience. Please give me time to lean this stuff.

I would realy like to say thanks
    WALT
    edited 2005-02-18 22:30
    No problem Walt, hope you can get it working as you like it. Have Fun!