Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Reviewers wanted... — Parallax Forums

Reviewers wanted...

The Dead BugThe Dead Bug Posts: 73
edited 2005-02-08 19:10 in General Discussion
Hi, all,

I am asking for your ongoing help on what will be a major project:

For a long time I have been thinking about writing a basic text in microcontroller applications from the perspectve of a two-year technical college program. The textbooks we have available in our curriculum are usually written for engineering programs at four-year universities and as such are full of arcane theory that two-year techs really don't need to apply.·What I envision gets to the "meat" of the subject with immediately practical applications.

I am striving to produce something of the simplicity and conciseness of Parallax's documentation. This text would also be of interest to hobbiests in general, but it·will be designed around a 16 week semester that takes basic electronics students who already have taken a few elemental classes in DC, AC, and digital, through·the use and programming of microcontrollers, using the STAMP and SX.

This is exactly what I do every semester here at OTC. Several textbook reps have expressed interest in the concept and I think it is a viable niche that needs to be filled.

I now see a block of time opening up for me to pursue this more seriously.

I have posted on my blog, http://thedeadbug.journalspace.com a link to an outline of what the text could contain.

What I would ask of you all is to look over the outline for any omissions, additions, or changes that need to be made. As I compile the sections over time, I will place them on The Dead Bug, and let you know when I do. I would appreciate it if some or all of you would read them as they come and give me feedback about how they can be improved.

Also, if any of the sections in the outline are areas where you have particular experience and expertise, I would appreciate any material you'd care to share...it would certainly be noted and acknowleged.

Thanks,
Bruce

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Name: Bruce Clemens

Work:· Clemensb@otc.edu
Good Stuff on my Bolg: http://theDeadBug.journalspace.com