Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using Basic Stamp to interface 10 string IR pickup to 6 String Roland RG30 midi — Parallax Forums

Using Basic Stamp to interface 10 string IR pickup to 6 String Roland RG30 midi

Keith HiltonKeith Hilton Posts: 150
edited 2005-01-31 18:05 in BASIC Stamp
·I am in the process of building an infrared 10 string steel guitar pickup that I want to interface to a 6 string guitar ·Roland RG30 setup.· To interface a 10 string steel guitar with Roland's system would require 2 of their 6 string guitar pickups, and two of the Roland RG30 processors.· This amounts to about $1,800.00 because you have to buy two of everything to interface 10 strings. By the way, 10 strings is the number of strings on all modern pedal steel guitars.· If I can accomplish connection to the Roland RG30, then the next step would be to interface with the midi pianos.· Pianos have all the great effects.· I have been doing a lot of thinking and would like some ideas, especially from Jon Williams, who claims to be a music fan.· I have a friend who has cut a 6 string Roland midi pickup apart and spread it out to where it controls 6 selected strings of his 10 string pedal steel guitar. It works great.· All we are dealing with is voltages fed to ranges of frequencies.· I think I can do this with Stamp.
I already invented a infrared volume pedal used by almost every major music show, shows like Shania Twain, Tim McGraw, Clint Black, Kid Rock and many more.· Please visit my web site at www.hiltonelectronics.com
I see how it would be possible to use a micro-controller to interface midi.
I have read Jon Williams articles in Nuts and Volts on midi,· these are great,· but don't deal with pickup interfacing to midi devices. If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions I would like to·read them. By the way Jon, I got my Basic Stamp 2 guitar tuner with the LCD frequency display working.· Thanks!smile.gif