Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No basic stamp found — Parallax Forums

No basic stamp found

fatlukefatluke Posts: 2
edited 2005-01-23 13:30 in BASIC Stamp
I don't know what I did every time I try to download somthing to the bs2 it gives me this error message .
I don't know if it is the seral cable, the board of education or the stamp. but it still runs the progarm that is in the the stamp tho. the only thing that I can think of that happen I blew something with static electrcity.·Theres new batterys in it so it can't be that.·Can Ido anything or should I·just by the usb board ?

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-01-22 22:00
    Hello,

You'll need to take a few voltage measurements.· Make sure that you have your power connected and your cable connected to the PC.· You should measure·-5v on Sout pin·in reference to Vss(ground).· Then you should have·· -10v on the Sin pin·to Vss.· Your Rst should be at·5v along with your Vdd.· If these measurements are not present, please call tech support at 1-888-997-8267 with your set up ready to test.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 1/22/2005 10:03:26 PM GMT
  • trendtrend Posts: 112
    edited 2005-01-23 00:35
    Also.. make sure nothing else is utilizing the serial port [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • fatlukefatluke Posts: 2
    edited 2005-01-23 11:56
    I think I just blew the chip with static electricity. The serial port works and my board past Dave Andreae test. Do you think that the static electricity could just blow that one part of the chip?· I am justgoing to buy a new Basic Stamp 2.cry.gif

thx
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-01-23 13:30
    Have you switched DB9 cables? You should be using a straight-thru serial cable and NOT a null-modem cable.