Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A/D Converter — Parallax Forums

A/D Converter

AMcNaughtonAMcNaughton Posts: 2
edited 2005-01-21 17:47 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
···· I'm new at using the BASIC Stamp and its components. I'm trying to convert a voltage input to a digital signal using the the A/D converter.· I'm confused on the some of the pinouts on the A/D.· Any help would be appreciated.· Thanks

·

Comments

• BorisBoris Posts: 81
    edited 2005-01-21 16:43
    If you post the part number of the A/D you are trying to use, that might be helpful.
  • AMcNaughtonAMcNaughton Posts: 2
    edited 2005-01-21 17:22
    Sorry, the project involves taking an input from wideband O2 (0-5V) into a LTC1298·A/D converter then·into a digital·potentiometer in order to vary the resistance based on the voltage . Here are the pinouts:

······
    ············· ····· CS··· Vcc·············CLK·· Vdd····· ··
    ··Input········· CH0····CLK············ U/D·· CS··············· Output
    ··Voltage······ CH1··· Dout···········A1···· B1·················Resistance
    ················· ·GND··· Din·············GND·· W1·
    ·······

···················· A/d Conv··········· Digital Pot

·I understand·the digital potentiometer mostly from the "Whats a microcontroller " excercises although I could use a·better·description of the·A1 and B1 port funtions.·The A/d controller is not covered and the example programs·from the site·are too advanced for me to understand at this point. I have a·short time to get something going so any help would be appreciated. I have a workstation setup with DC Power supply and multimeter so if i could get a basic·setup I could figure it out from there. Thanks for the help··
  • BorisBoris Posts: 81
    edited 2005-01-21 17:47
    a quick Google search, and i found this pdf document by Parallax.

It explains in detail how to hook up the A/D to the BSI or II or PIC, and even gives example code.

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/appkit/ltc1298.pdf

or this article from Nuts and Volts:

ftp://nutsvolts.com/stampaps/st_ap4.pdf

Post Edited (Boris) : 1/21/2005 5:56:22 PM GMT