Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
stampbc_20 or higher for linux ? — Parallax Forums

stampbc_20 or higher for linux ?

erichberichb Posts: 6
edited 2005-01-21 13:50 in BASIC Stamp
hi,

i just found out from the basic stamp list archive that there was a version 2.0 from the
stamp programming software stampbc for linux.
does anybody know how i can get the latest version ?

best

erich

Comments

• Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-01-19 21:13
    Surprisingly enough, you can find info on it on Parallax's download page. smile.gif

www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/software_basic_stamp.asp
  • erichberichb Posts: 6
    edited 2005-01-20 11:01
    i know thank u but thats the version i already have i m looking for a version >= 2.0
    which was announced last year on the old mailinglist

best

erich
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-01-20 16:12
    Eric,

Stampbc 2.0 is in the old Yahoo Basicstamps Group files area. I went to the group and was still able to download it. I don't know how long that file area will stay there. I put a copy on my server for you so you don't have to go chewing through Yahoo if you didn't want to. You can download it from www.starfishmarine.com/files/stampbc_20.tgz.

You might want to go through the old files area on Yahoo anyway. There is some pretty interesting looking stuff there.

Jim
    edited 2005-01-21 10:23
    hi jim,

thank u very much !!!

erich
  • Adrian SchneiderAdrian Schneider Posts: 92
    edited 2005-01-21 11:45
    If it is still the same stampbc_2.0.tgz I posted quite some time ago, it is also the
    latest version, including the parallax tokenizer 1.23 libs which support stamp basic 2.5.

you can verify it using the command: stampbc -V

Regards
    Adrian
    edited 2005-01-21 11:53
    PS: i checked the parallax web site - the list stampbc_124.tgz which is somewaht out of date (but should work
    however), I once offered them an updated version but they did not post it on their site.
    There seem to be other sources for stampbc_20.tgz out there. Otherwise you may contact me
    by email.
    edited 2005-01-21 12:04
    thx adrian, i got it

best

erich

ps: too bad that this tool is so unvisible, its the only really useful and up to date linux tool.
    edited 2005-01-21 12:22
    You are right that stampbc is quite invisible - I am glad you found and like it however turn.gif
    When I developed it, randy hootman who was the first user besides myself and helped me to
    fix some bugs and incompatibilities with other Linuxes, he posted an early version at sourceforge,
    but I am not sufficiently equipped to maintain a release there. So I decided just to post
    the latest version to the files section of this forum (the early one, I yet have to find
    the files section of this one)
    Feel free to redistribute stampbc as you like.

Currently I have no plans for a further version (later than 2.0) as there is no tokenizer later than 1.23 so far
    and I have no requirements for new features.

Regards
    Adrian
    edited 2005-01-21 12:53
    well if u want i could host it on my website http://randomseed.org

in the older version u had added some nedit support, i can not find it in the new one,
    do u have an updated version of this a swell ?

best

erich
    edited 2005-01-21 13:50
    nedit (syntax coloring) support was supplied by randy hootman, but I did not port it over to later versions
    of stampbc. mad.gif