Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
serial connection caps — Parallax Forums

serial connection caps

Jonathan AllisonJonathan Allison Posts: 96
edited 2005-01-17 16:42 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

I don't totaly understand this imagine on where to place the .1uf caps. Last night I had my stamp working, then suddenly it would no longer work, but I think I have the caps in the wrong spot. I bought a pack of mixed caps. .1uf to whatever. They aren't clearly labelled as to what the uf rating is, but on the cap it says 2e104k. They where the smallest caps in the box so I assumed they where what I wanted. Also they say they are 200v, is that ok?

Also, in this imagine it shows how to wire in the caps, could someone with knowledge of this please explain further, specifically for pin 4, it shows a cap then another line going off somewhere with another cap.
I'm not sure where that line is actually to go.

Thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Johnny
caps.bmp 326.2K

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-01-17 16:40
    The lines you're asking about are the symbol for ground (Vss). This is basic electronics stuff -- you may want to brush up on your electronics fundamentals before attempting to build an interface circuit for the BASIC Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • The Dead BugThe Dead Bug Posts: 73
    edited 2005-01-17 16:42
    Jonathan, the lines at the bottom mean "Ground" which would be the same as the negative side of your power supply. Also this would be the same point as "Vss" on your STAMP board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Name: Bruce Clemens

Work:· Clemensb@otc.edu
    Bolg: http://theDeadBug.journalspace.com