Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot .PDF — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot .PDF

lrohnlrohn Posts: 33
edited 2020-04-30 13:01 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I received a Boe-Bot for Christmas and I'm trying to download the .PDF of the "Robotics with the Boe-Bot Student Guide" so that I can print up the pages with the fill-in forms rather then writing in my book (I'm kind of funny that way).

I am having no luck. I am trying to download from the following link on the Parallax site and get an error everytime. Is there anyone who can email me this PDF directly that may already have a copy of it?

https://www.parallax.com/downloads/robotics-boe-bot-text

Luke
shocked.gif

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-01-03 04:09
    You may need to update your version of Acrobat (from http://www.adobe.com) -- I just checked that file and it downloads fine. Also, you might want to right-click on the link, then select "Save Target As..." to copy the file from our computer to yours.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-01-03 04:09
    Luke -

I'm downloading it right now, so I'm not sure what the problem may be. If you shoot me your email address at my email address below, I'll send it along as soon as the download finishes.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
    bvbates at usamailbox.com (replace at with the @ symbol)
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-01-03 04:27
    Well, I'm running Acrobat 6.0 and that file gives me no trouble -- seems like Bruce Bates was able to download it too....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-01-03 04:44
    Jon -

I am running Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 as you are, but that really has no bearing on my download, as I went right to the Parallax web site to get it. I only have a low speed line and it's much faster that way, using FTP.

Bruce
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2005-01-03 05:31
    A few questions to narrow down what is going wrong...

What error is reported? Does it occur after the download has started? Have you tried to to right-click on the link to the PDF and then saving the PDF to disk before viewing it?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
  • lrohnlrohn Posts: 33
    edited 2005-01-03 08:06
    Hello Bruce,

My email is lrohn at cox dot net. It is 11:58 P.M. PST right now and I am not able to get on the Parallax website at all other then the forums (it's timing out). I am able to surf other sites on the net so maybe it is down for maintenance?

Jim, IT guy, I will take note of the error as soon as I can access the website again. I was able to download other .PDF files before and after trying to download this one. All were downloaded from the Parallax website.

I'll keep you posted.

Luke
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2005-01-03 10:16
    Jim. Each time,and the download just started, it said that a error had occured and acrobate had to close down, but did i want it reported to microsoft. Ar 5.0 xpp 32kb dialup.

Immeadiatly after that, i downloaded the ir boe-bot pdf with no trouble, and the first time. It sounds to me like something different was done with that particular file since in the last 2 weeks there were no failures except the font is not recognised and may not display properly. An those all displayed with no no trouble.

spence
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2005-01-03 10:35
    JIM @ PARALLAX IT,
    ERROR REOPORTS EXACTLY THE SAME EACH TIME.

CODE 0x00000005
    FLAGS 0x0000000
    RECORD 0x0000000000000000
    ADDRESS 0xOOOOOOOOOO54a371

SPENCE
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-01-03 11:05
    No problems here - the file downloads and looks fine with Apple;s OSX Preview application
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-01-03 11:48
    I think people are interchanging the terms "download" and "view". The process of downloading the file seems to work just great. Right click on the clink and select "Save As...". The file is then saved on your local hard drive. This process works fine for me. (XP Pro with SP2)

However, viewing it is another matter. Viewing the file online (i.e. left clicking on the link) using Acrobat 5.0 causes Acrobat to crash. This is something I've not encountered with other pdf files. Viewing the file locally (i.e. downloading it as above, then opening it from your hard drive) works just fine with Acrobat 5.0.

There is definitely something strange about the file though.

Jim