Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Decoding Unknown IR Protocol — Parallax Forums

Decoding Unknown IR Protocol

roadrunner3groadrunner3g Posts: 36
edited 2004-12-30 06:21 in BASIC Stamp
jumpin.gif
i am trying to work ir control for the boe-bot. i can send and receve betuen too bs2 chips ,but what i need is a program to work with a universal remote or other IR signals other than a sony ir remote!!!

what i need is a program that can detect an IR signal and give it a value or number so i can get a signal from an unnoun IR sorce and translate into something i can use??? mad.gif

Post Edited By Moderator (Jon Williams) : 12/30/2004 7:33:34 AM GMT

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-30 03:30
    Not going to happen without some external intervention. The SIRCS is a fairly slow protocol which allows it to be decoded by the BASIC Stamp and similar processors. If you're looking for something more universal, you might consider using SX/B and an SX at full-speed.

BTW, if you're going to get fancy and create a vote, you should probably add an apporiate title to your thread....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • roadrunner3groadrunner3g Posts: 36
    edited 2004-12-30 03:52
    sory new to this forum!!
    i don"t have the sx/b
    what i do have is the BS2!!
    edited 2004-12-30 05:35
    Well, then, you're probably out of luck unless you want to use the Sony IR protocol. As I indicated, its design allows the BASIC Stamp to receive and decode SIRCS signals without trouble -- other protocols aren't so easy. You might try a web search for a device (coprocessor) that allows you to read any IR codes. Or you could connect a 'scope to an IR receiver and sus it out by hand....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office
    edited 2004-12-30 06:02
    ouch!!!!!
    i hope your wrong. Butt if that is the case I need more input !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    roadrunner3g@hotmail.com
    edited 2004-12-30 06:07
    i have the sony proticall

what i neen is some thing for an unnone IR input signal !!!!
    edited 2004-12-30 06:21
    The January 2005 issue of Servo Magazine (I just opened it) shows how to decode unknown IR remote signals -- but it uses a PIC coprocessor to measure the pulses before sending data to a PC through a serial link. A Basic compiler for the PIC is used, so I imagine one could port the program to SX/B.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Dallas Office

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 12/30/2004 8:19:58 AM GMT