Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No connection — Parallax Forums

No connection

Jonathan AllisonJonathan Allison Posts: 96
edited 2004-12-28 04:59 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all;

I have a tab electronics sumobot. It works, spins the wheels etc

For the first time I have tried to connect this to my PC to try doing a bit of programming with it. I am using the latest software, a serial extension cable and when I try to identify it, the software is unable to locate it. I have tried it on two different PCs, same thing.

I have also tried modifying the com port settings as describes in some other posts.... still nothing.

What can I do / testing wise to try to resolve this?

Thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• Tony B.Tony B. Posts: 356
    edited 2004-12-28 04:26
    Some things to check. I have used my TAB sumobot as a second BS2 with only a hiccup or two in running programs.

1. Serial cable is a extension cable and not a null-modem cable. I used the cable that came ith my Parallax board - What's a Microcontroller.

2. The bot must be turned on. I turn mine on and hit the stop button on the remote. I guess you could could unplug motors. Not sure if this will effect the running of your program because I'm not sure how the BS2 and secondary PIC work together. See the post "first program" posted today for more info on this.

Hope this helps.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tony

·
  • Jonathan AllisonJonathan Allison Posts: 96
    edited 2004-12-28 04:59
    Tony:
    Thanks for the reply

From the information I have gathered you are not supposed to use a null modem cable, and a serial extension cable should work fine.

The bot is in the on position as well.

There is more to this I think. I have tried all of the obvious possible problems.

Jonathan