Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2IC Rev C — Parallax Forums

BS2IC Rev C

sharkmansharkman Posts: 1
edited 2004-12-24 18:59 in BASIC Stamp
Hello.
I just bought 10 BS2IC Rev C to get started using Basic Stamps. I have an opportunity to purchase several more. I am wondering what is the difference in the latest rev and the ones I purchased? Did I buy lemons? Do I need anything different from the current tools to work with these rev C stamps. Also what is the very minimal way I can build a programmer/interface board for these stamps to get started. I shelled out $356.56 for these stamps and cant really afford a regular dev board right now, but I have lots of stuff to build my own. Thanks for any help.
Sincerely,
Joe turn.gif

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-24 18:59
    No, you did not buy lemons. Download the latest editor and you'll be good to go. The BS2 rev changes have to do with the Microchip silicon that is at the core of the module; as Microchip has made minor changes we've adapted to it, and had to Rev the board for product purposes. The BS2 is a very stable platform, and as such gets used in everything from hobbyist robots to military test platforms.

We have schematics on our web site for the programming interface -- follow them and you'll have no troubles.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office