Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Networking BS2 Modules — Parallax Forums

Networking BS2 Modules

SgtBFGunnerSgtBFGunner Posts: 33
edited 2004-12-21 17:24 in BASIC Stamp
Pardon my newbieness... I am looking to "network" two BS2 IC's together using BOEs. I have searched the forums and Internet for info on RS485 and i2c I think leading me in the right direction but haven't found exactly what I was looking for.

I would like to experiment with two stamps on one robotics project with code running the stamps as master and slave...

I'm rubbing the two sticks together, have some smoke, but no spark yet... Am I wall wet here?

Thanks,
Gary

Post Edited By Moderator (Jon Williams) : 12/21/2004 3:54:46 PM GMT

Comments

• achilles03achilles03 Posts: 247
    edited 2004-12-21 15:40
    Read up on the SERIN and SEROUT commands. Those are relatively easy to use and provide an easy way for BS2's to communicate. Have the master BS2 SEROUT an instruction, and have the slave BS2 listen for that instruction with the SERIN command.

Hope that helps.
    Dave
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-21 15:58
    Have a look at this article: http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/cols/nv/vol3/col/nv81.pdf

And remember to add a subject line to your posts -- I've added it for you this time so that others will know what the thread is about.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • SgtBFGunnerSgtBFGunner Posts: 33
    edited 2004-12-21 16:41
    Thanks Dave and Jon. That will give me focus...

I did forget to type in subject line. One of those brain cramp things that you will remember once the message is written (but doesn't actually happen...).

Thanks again,
    Gary
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2004-12-21 17:24
    There is some info at this URL too...
    owlogic.com/BS2rs232.htm#MasterSlave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com