Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to determine if a BS2 is dead and why — Parallax Forums

How to determine if a BS2 is dead and why

AmnoidAmnoid Posts: 11
edited 2004-12-10 16:59 in BASIC Stamp
Hi- Since the search does not seem to work (I got 0 results to about 20 queries I tried), I am going ahead with asking the following question:

I have been working with a BS2 for a few weeks now. This evening I stopped seeing it from the BS editor, and it doesn't seem to react acording to the program that was last downloaded to it. Power in seems OK before and afer the regulator. So I ask: is there a sure way of checking if the stamp is dead (I know- I will plug in another bs2 to check)? The only thing I did that might have caused the problem was attaching the serial cable 1 pin to the right from its proper place. Can this burn the stamp? Is there a way of bringing a dead stamp back?

Thanks

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-12-10 16:59
    Hello,

Pin 1 of the serial cable is not suppose to be connected to the BASIC Stamp.· Pins 2,3,4,and 5 are suppose to be connected to the BASIC Stamp.· If you did connect pin 1 to the stamp, it shouldn't have damaged it.· Here are some voltage readings that will indicate if you have a damged stamp or not using a voltmeter:

Sout to Vss = -5v

Sin to Vss = -10v

Res to Vss = +5v

Vdd to Vss = +5v

If you are receiving these voltages and it still is not working, please contact Parallax's·tech support at 1-997-8267 with your set up ready to test.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·