Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BoeBot Program — Parallax Forums

BoeBot Program

hokienick3838hokienick3838 Posts: 5
edited 2004-12-09 18:36 in BASIC Stamp
i need help with a program i need to knock over a target 40 feet away and travel in a sraghit line

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-12-09 18:27
    Hello,

Can the Boe-Bot run over something to trigger a device in order to hit the target?· If so, I think that there a few options for this project.· The Boe-Bot is capable of going in a straight line.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2004-12-09 18:36
    Hokienick:

Knowing where your robot is going is always a tough question. 40 feet of straight travel could be a challenge depending on the surface underneath the robot. There is an encoder kit http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28107·which could help, but are you certain there are no other options that could be employed? For example, do the rules allow a beacon or other type of transmitting device (infrared, light, etc) be placed behind the "target"? Also, it could help to use our Digital Compass AppMod but its resolution alone is not enough to keep you focused in on one degree (perhaps it would work for 15-20 degrees).

It could be best to use a bow and arrow with a robot mounted on the arrow.

Maybe you need a free-rolling robot with no BASIC Stamp, no servos·and an Estes D-size rocket·engine on the back. Use the Stamp to ignite the engine.

I think we need more information about the rules of the challenge.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.