Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
teathered robot — Parallax Forums

teathered robot

AJIAJI Posts: 22
edited 2004-12-02 13:03 in Robotics
Hello all

·· Yes a newbe, I am building a teathered robot and I am having 1 problem. I am using a Bs2 and a BOE, In my code I have 4-6 pots controling motion using SEROUT. My probles is that when I Have them all·coded they twich because the program can't update them fast enough. I am using RCTIME and the SEROUT.

Will the servo contoller eliminate this problem?
·

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-02 12:03
    Yes, a servo controller will definitely help. Another route you could take is to use a multi-channel ADC (like the ADC0838) to read your potentiometers. This will let you read the pots more quickly, thus shortening your refresh time to the servos.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • AJIAJI Posts: 22
    edited 2004-12-02 12:50
    Thanks. I looked at the spec sheet. I gues I can clear up some input pins thatway too.

I would just have to use one SERIN pin right? Let the ADC do the work and store is't values to variables and use them in the PULSOUT or SEROUT (for servo controller) to move the servos.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-02 13:03
    No, you'll actually need three pins: clock, data, CS (chip select).· I wrote the attached code for an ADC0832 -- you'll have to modify it for the ADC0838 (refer to the ADC083x docs for appropriate changes).

Note that I don't (yet) have an ADC0832 so I couldn't personally test the code, though a forum user did and says it works as expected.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
    227 x 192 - 2K