Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Create a PBX like system with a bs2. — Parallax Forums

Create a PBX like system with a bs2.

trendtrend Posts: 112
edited 2004-11-25 21:58 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I am trying to create a simple type PBX..
Basically all want to do is:
hookup this box to my telephone network in my house (we will not have any service from bellsouth or whoever)

I will want to be able to ring·all the phones (exacully like the telephone company would do)from this box (maybe a push button to ring all phones), and be able to communicate with them (via a speaker/mic setup or another phone jack to hookup a phone so I can talk to the user).·

I would also like to be able to display CID info on all the phones.

I have looked around a good bit.. but have only found bits and pieces of this project.. and none for bs2 (well, I have found some stuff dealing with phone equipment like nuts&volts august 2004 edition.. pp28, but that isn't what· Iwant to do)

Do you'll have any ideas?

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2004-11-25 21:26
    I seem to remember a 'stage' phone system, that was designed to let you ring a phone on stage.
    As I recall, this is fairly simple, but is not trivial.
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2004-11-25 21:50
    TRY THE FOLLOWING FOR STARTERS.

IT LETS YOU HAVE A SINGLE LINE PHONE SYSTEM WITHOUT CONNECTIONS TO THE COMMERCIAL LINE. MANUFACTURER DOE NOT STATE THAT. I HAVE DONE IT HERE.

TOUCHTONE PHONES ONLY. PULSE DIAL WILL NOT WORK.

THE CM-8880 CAN BE USED TO MONITOR AND DISPLAY THE DIAL CODE WHICH IS 11, 22, 33,44,55,66,77.

EACH RING HAS A DIFFERENT SOUND AND ALL PHONES HEAR ALL RINGS SINCE THE PHONES ARE IN PARALLEL. NOTE YOU CAN HAVE MORE THAN 7 PHONES ON THE LINE BUT ONLY SEVEN DISCREET SIGNALS.

SPENCE

http://www.vikingelectronics.com/

TS-1
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2004-11-25 21:53
    Btw you can hook it uo to a outside line for access if you want to and you can use a optional dial 9 for outside line.

spence
  • trendtrend Posts: 112
    edited 2004-11-25 21:58
    that is pretty cool.

I am in college, and this is a project.. so I don't know if a product on the market would go over well.

I am just looking to make the circuit with a breadboard (maybe then get it etched), then test it out.. so I can get a better knowledge of telecoms [noparse]:)[/noparse]

thanks for the link though, that is what I had in mind

Lee