Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp parts? — Parallax Forums

Stamp parts?

jpylejpyle Posts: 41
edited 2004-11-23 21:11 in BASIC Stamp
· I would like to know if it is possible to obtain the single pnp trans. pack (2-10k & a 2n3906)from Parallax (or anyone else)·as a single unit.··· ·I have a BS2 with this pack burned, and I am just foolish enough to try a repair·freaked.gif , as I am sitting at home recovering from surgery and bored to tears. I figure the BS2 is dead like it is, and I can't kill it any more than it is now.· I have already replaced it, and·gave myself a stern nono.gif talking to about letting loose wires flop about. Just curious about the trans. pack.. Thanks······ jpyle

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2004-11-23 06:04
    Jpyle,

Maybe the most cost-effective solution is to have us repair/replace the BS2. I believe our Sales Manager charges something like $25.00 for a repair. If it is within our 90-day warranty then we'll do it for free. This saves you doing SMT soldering and guessing about the actual problem.

If you want to replace the components yourself, use the attached BOM as a reference. Pick out the parts and call our sales staff. The parts you need are really cheap. Tell them Ken G. asked to only charge you·shipping for the components. We don't need to be making profit on 1/2 cent parts.

But it seems like the problem may be that you have damaged the Stamp interpreter. nono.gifHow do you know that the resistors are destroyed?

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
    643 x 153 - 8K
  • jpylejpyle Posts: 41
    edited 2004-11-23 21:11
    ········ Thanks, Ken for your reply. I was not aware that Parallax did repairs on the BS2s. I would like to send it in for·evaluation in· hopes of being repairable, before I try anything on my own. The transistor pack (with 3 leads) is·toast (incendiary like, comes to mind here·jumpin.gif ) and I would speculate that there is a VERY GOOD chance that other components are damaged as well.· I have had this BS2 for several months now, and it has worked flawlessly. I just replaced the burned one a week or so ago,·however I would like to have two up and running if the burned one is repairable·. Is there any special proccess for sending it in for repair? I will·look on your site for the information. Thanks for your help.·
    Jpyle