Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
problem downloading to BS2sx — Parallax Forums

problem downloading to BS2sx

jimmyjimmy Posts: 3
edited 2004-11-19 05:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
I'am using the Basic Stamp Super Carrier board with the BS2sx. I have problem downloading my program. It keeps telling me to check the power supply and cable when I press "run" and sometimes it will give a message"no stamp found".·If I press "run" many times, it will work sometimes. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it?
Thanks..

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-11-18 04:32
    What's the story with your power supply? If your supply is weak or low, that could cause a problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • jimmyjimmy Posts: 3
    edited 2004-11-19 04:34
    Hi Jon,
    I'am sure my power supply is good. Instead of using a 9V battery at the terminal, I connected my variable power supply set to 9V to the terminal. I also changed the serial cable and it is still giving the same problem. Is there anything else you think might might cause this problem?· Could the lenght of the serial cable have anyting to do with this? I'am using a 10ft cable. It's strange because it works after I execute it a couple of times. When it doesn't work, it detects the loopback, but not the "echo". Thanks.
  • jimmyjimmy Posts: 3
    edited 2004-11-19 04:51
    Another thing I would like to add is that sometimes when I attempt to download, it will detect the loopback but no echo. Sometimes it will detect eveything and start to download and then stop at 25% and a message will pop up telling me to check the cable and power supply.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-11-19 05:28
    You may have a bad cable or loose connection if the loopback (all in hardware) is flaky.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office