Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Telephone and QV306M4P sound playback — Parallax Forums

Telephone and QV306M4P sound playback

Baard ToerdalBaard Toerdal Posts: 8
edited 2004-11-25 19:12 in BASIC Stamp
Hi
We are doing an art project with the title "Ghost". Ghost is a small porcelain ghost which sits next to a common household telephone. When the user gets an unwanted call, for instance from a telesales company, he or she can let Ghost take over the conversation and talk to the telesales-person. The idea is to sabotage the telesales so that no sale is done, time is beeing consumed and all the while the operator is busy talking to the Ghost; no one else is beeing bothered. In a way its a mousetrap for telesalescompanies.

The heart of the project is going to be the Basic Stamp and we have looked at the QV306M4P playback module for sound playback.The idea is to have two sound modules, one has backgroundnoises and one contains the lines from the ghost.

Has anyone had any experiences with these modules? How good is the sound quality? Are there any delays in playback, clicking noises or any other unwanted noises? We need the quality to be as good as possible to fool the operator...

Baard T.

Comments

• KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
    edited 2004-11-19 16:38
    The QV306M4P should be able to handle what you suggest. Not really sure you would need the second to simulate the background noise. I would think that as long as the sound quality is above that of a household answering machine, it would be good enough to fool a caller for a short while depending on what the unit says.

Ken
    www.speechchips.com
  • Baard ToerdalBaard Toerdal Posts: 8
    edited 2004-11-25 19:12
    Thanks Ken. We´ll try the QV306MP. I have been reading about the sound quality on analogue phoe linnes ad the quality is relatively low so I dont thin we need cd quality or anything...

I still need think we need the background noise. We need to get the caller interested in what is going on in he background as well, and the background noises are going to explain why the person residing in our ghost looses interest in the conversation and gives strange answers to questions...

Baard