Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to make L.E.Ds turn?????????? — Parallax Forums

how to make L.E.Ds turn??????????

propwashpropwash Posts: 20
edited 2004-11-11 18:28 in BASIC Stamp
i hop some one can help with this project?? i bought 2L.E.D clustersfrom digi key and i would like to make them turn like a wheel turning??the L.E.Ds 5 red and 8 green and they are mounted all together in a circle.i would like to hook this up to a simple lightning detector and have it when it detects a strike that it causes the L.E.Ds to turn on and off and on and off to make it look like its turning.the L.E.Dsare 9.0 volts and 30ma maxs.the in put comes from the lightning detector and· the pulse signal is 9.0volts and last for 3 second but as it gets close to the end of the 3 seconds it stars to fade off. so its not a full 9.0 volts at the end ??the question is how would i go at makeing a 9.0volt L.E.D flasher that can make the L.E.Ds look like they are turning and make it adjustable to make it go slow or fast???if any on can help or can draw up a plan that would help..thanks steven
·e-mail· propwash79@aol.com

Comments

• Gerry ShandGerry Shand Posts: 45
    edited 2004-11-11 05:26
    What are the part numbers of your components? If they are the ones I suspect that only have two leads, then you cannot do what you want.

Instead go to individual LED's and arrange them on a perf/circuit board.

The other alternative is to get a seven segment LED and fire the outer segments in sequence to simulate clockwise or counter clockwise motion. This will require six outputs via a darlington driver from the stamp or two stamp outputs and some external logic to make this work.

Hope this helps.

Gerry
  • Shawn LoweShawn Lowe Posts: 635
    edited 2004-11-11 18:28
    there is a really good lightning detector using a Basic Stamp. Do a search on this forum and see if you can use that.
    Shawn