Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
using a computer keyboard and monitor to interface with basic stamp 2 — Parallax Forums

using a computer keyboard and monitor to interface with basic stamp 2

agentileagentile Posts: 101
edited 2004-11-11 01:21 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
· I am trying to figure out how to use a·computer·keyboard for direct·input to the basic stamp.· And I would like to have my stamp output appear on a computer monitor.· I would like to do this without the use of a co-processor.· I would assume that this has already been done.· If you have any information about how to do this,·I would appreciate the help.

thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2004-11-10 19:34
    Well, the way you put it, it sounds like you want to connect a VGA monitor to the BS2, and a PC keyboard to the BS2, and have it all work.· That's not going to work without one or more co-processors.· The BS2 has only 26 bytes of memory, after all.

Another interpretation is you want to connect your computer to the stamp, use your keyboard to send input through your computer to the stamp, and have the Stamp's output go to your computer screen.· This has been done, using Visual Basic 6.· See the attached.
  • K de JongK de Jong Posts: 154
    edited 2004-11-11 01:21
    Well,

Try "DEBUGIN" as an input from your keyboard to the Stamp and then "DEBUG" to see the results on screen.

Would that solve your problem ??

Klaus