Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
help me!!!! — Parallax Forums

help me!!!!

PabloPablo Posts: 4
edited 2004-11-20 05:24 in BASIC Stamp
Help me, please my project idea got turned down saying it was to simple and im out of ideas. somebody help me come up with something CHEAP and i mean CHEAP and fast, something i could do with very little extra components besides my stamp

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-11-03 19:46
    Hello,

You can find all kinds of ideas that are inexspensive if you look at our educational text books.· I recommend the "Applied Sensors" text.· Here is a link for the educational text books:· http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/siccurriculum/documentation_sic_curriculum.asp·.·

Thanks,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2004-11-03 20:22
    Pablo,

Take a look at our customer applications section of the web:

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/resources/custapps/main.asp

Lots of idea there, too!

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • PabloPablo Posts: 4
    edited 2004-11-19 18:53
    you guys arent helping a damn bit those projects require me to go out and buy a bunch of chips and parts i need something fast and simple like the 4 way stop lite someone else is doing
  • rounderrounder Posts: 18
    edited 2004-11-19 19:00
    If you have a servo you could rig up a glove to give yourself the finger for being extremely rude to people who are trying to help you. Just a thought
  • Armored CarsArmored Cars Posts: 172
    edited 2004-11-19 19:17
    Heres a project that I havent had the time to make-
    A bot with two big wheels.· It is weighted on the bottom allowing it to drive with no other contact points.· I was thinking of using 2.2" RC stadium truck wheels and servos (2.2 refers to the rim, they are actually much bigger).· All that will be needed is two murcury tilt switches.· When the bot hits something and stops the chassis of the bot starts to tilt.· By angling the two tilt switches you can adjust how far the chassis must tilt before it backs up.· You could make it go straight forward and then back up in an arc for a distace or until it hits something, then go forward again.· The key is high traction wheels to keep them from just spinning when it hits something.

It would be a cheap, simple bot that would be easy to program.· Murcury tilt switches·can be·ordered from Mousers for exactly $0.66·each.· Good luck.
  • mikeCmikeC Posts: 4
    edited 2004-11-19 20:05
    rounder said...
    If you have a servo you could rig up a glove to give yourself the finger for being extremely rude to people who are trying to help you. Just a thought

ahahahahahahahahahaha..

bravo.
  • Eric REric R Posts: 225
    edited 2004-11-20 05:24
    rounder said...
    tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif