Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
macBS2 — Parallax Forums

macBS2

fabricefabrice Posts: 3
edited 2004-11-03 18:29 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Dear all,
I am a new comer to the bs world. Have been hooking up my stamp in class to a mac OSX using the macBS2 soft but can't quite get anything out of it, they seem to be communicating ok but when I simply send this code:
DEBUG "Hello world",
see how basic I can be, it sends me back a message that it does not recognize the character in between "".
Thanks for any suggestions.
Anywhere I can find some simple potentiometer tutorials?
fabrice

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-11-01 22:43
    Our documentation has lots of examples for reading potentiometers....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2004-11-02 00:25
    Fabrice,

Using a USB to serial adapter? If so, which one? The FTDI and Keyspan adapters seem to work but many do not.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • edited 2004-11-03 02:46
    For a "potentiometer tutorial", try Chapter 5 in What's a Microcontroller.· It's available for free download from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.· There's also a digital potentiometer tutorial in Chapter 9.· Here is a list of some of the other books from Stamps in Class that include potentiometer examples: Basic Analog and Digital, Industrial Control, and Understanding Signals.· All of these books should also be available for free download from that same page.

Here are some Parallax part numbers for USB products that should work.· You can enter these numbers into the search field on the Parallax home page and get a link to the part as well as some of the kits that either incorporate or refer to it:

28850······ - USB Board of Education Development Board
    800-00030 - FTDI US232B USB to Serial Adapter

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay) : 11/3/2004 5:47:20 AM GMT
  • fabricefabrice Posts: 3
    edited 2004-11-03 18:29
    Dear all,
    thanks so much, the whole problem was just that the macBS2 file was corrupted somehow, i uninstalled and reinstalled and now, it works like a charm.
    Thanks again