Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HTML page Background Change - PLEASE!! Murder on the eyes... — Parallax Forums

HTML page Background Change - PLEASE!! Murder on the eyes...

DonivanDonivan Posts: 23
edited 2004-10-28 05:14 in General Discussion
OK So I'm new on the forum, but doing a lot of browsing right now.· When I click on a topic or conversation, the web browser screen goes blank for a second or two while fetching the data.· Fine.· However, the background on this page is black and white parallel lines (a-la parallax??) which are MURDER on my eyes---I get dizzy every time click a link and have to look away for a bit!·· Dear Lord, please change the background!!

Thanks,
Donivan

Comments

• Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-10-27 01:34
    First, let me welcome you to the Parallax Forums. I hope that the information posted by your fellow forum members will be useful to you.

Now, let's work on the that background image. The default Parallax color scheme renders the messages as black type on a white background. That blue and white background should only appear on the edges of the browser frame. You mileage may vary if you are using one of the more esoteric browsers.

You can change the color scheme by going to the Control Panel->Edit Options page and select another forum style. You might find something more suitable in one of the other styles.

If you continue to have problems with the background image, please let me know what browser you are using, including version number and what operating system you are using. We'll get to the bottom on the wavy line syndrome.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
  • DonivanDonivan Posts: 23
    edited 2004-10-27 17:14
    OK, found the settings and was able to change it.· I should have poked around a bit longer but did not expect that feature!· My eyes thank you!· Much more pleasant.

FYI I'm using the wonderful IE from work, so that's where the delay is.· I haven't checked Safari on the Mac yet, maybe the delay is less.· Problem was when you click a link, the page changed momentarily to the background only while fetching the target page.· Anyway problem solved, thanks again.
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-10-28 05:14
    There must be something looking at the page content before it is fed to your browser. The response time should be about one second for a typical thread. All that eye candy will slow things down considerably if you're browsing through a non-caching proxy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.