Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How can I transfer data between a BS2p and BS2 — Parallax Forums

How can I transfer data between a BS2p and BS2

Jaacan MartinezJaacan Martinez Posts: 10
edited 2004-10-26 15:17 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, I am writting you because I have a trouble with transfer data between a BS2p and a BS2, I am using the wiring configuration showed in pbasic help for transfer data and programation recommneded, the poit is that it doesn´t work crrectly.
The poryect is about to adquire data from a gas meter, we are using the BS2p to get the data form this meter and we want to emulate the gas meter with BS2 to run some tests.
Program for BS2p is attached.

First we ask to meter for hour and catcj it, if is the 23:50 then we ask for date and catch it, after we ask for two mesures one with a correction factor and the other without this factor both of them have minimun 1 character and a maximun of 7 character, i.e, from 0 to 999,999.

Like I said up, We want to emulate the meter with BS2, but We have had some trouble with data transfering between microcontrolers, I hope that you can help us.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-26 11:30
    What is the physical link and protocol that you want to use?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Jaacan MartinezJaacan Martinez Posts: 10
    edited 2004-10-26 13:55
    Link is though pin 1 and 0·(1\0) whose are wired between BS2p and BS2

portocol will be·· serin 1\0,baudmode,[noparse][[/noparse]variable] for transmisor and
    serout 1\0,baudmode,[noparse][[/noparse]variable2]
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-26 15:17
    Well, then, that's a no-brainer.· If the manual/help file isn't enough, you might have a look at this N&V article:

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/cols/nv/vol3/col/nv81.pdf

By using conditional compilation baudmodes are easier to setup with any BASIC Stamp.· The attached template is what I use to start all of my programs.· It includeds a conditional compilation block to handle serial baudmodes.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office