Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
needing programming assistance — Parallax Forums

needing programming assistance

capercaper Posts: 9
edited 2004-10-25 22:17 in BASIC Stamp
hey guys..i was wondering if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction

im setting up a basic stamp 1 robot that looks like a·rectangle box·powered by two unipolar stepper motors located in the center.· The purpose of the bot is to detect copper foil tape placed on the ground in a pattern that will allow the basic stamp to calculate where it needs to go, in reference to a target located in the center, by wires dragging from the back of the bot that will close a circut.· Once the target is located,·it will then activate a program to turn on a regular DC motor that will release an egg...my problem is in the programing..im a begineer and not quite sure how to start setting up the program to do this. Do you know any sites that might explain a program similar or have any advice for me?

thanks!

brian

Post Edited (caper) : 10/25/2004 10:18:01 PM GMT

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2004-10-25 19:57
    I'm afraid your problem statement is 'too big'. Pick a piece of your problem, and ask about that.
    For instance:
    1. How do I drive a stepper motor with a BS1? Can I do this?

1. How do I detect when two wires have been connected together by a third wire (or strip of copper)?

What have you tried so far? What hardware are you using?
  • capercaper Posts: 9
    edited 2004-10-25 22:17
    i have a few books...i know how to drive the stepper motor...id just like to see an example of something similar...so as that bot that follows light...or how to do the detecting part of the program...if wire one hits before 2 then activate stepper motor 1 so many degrees according and so forth..