Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
servo''s — Parallax Forums

servo''s

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2001-06-11 05:56 in General Discussion
I hooked the servos straight to the stamp... didn't need the resistors...· I also use the Mini SSC (Scott Edwards Servo Controller.· Works great, though a little pricey.· You should be using a separate power supply for the servos anyway.·So no current limit should apply to the Stamp. The stamp just sends a small pulse to the servo to tell it where to go.
··· The good thing about the SSC and the Stamp is that you use the·Stamp·"serout" function to send one command to the SSC and the SSC keeps that servo in the same position without any further instruction from the Stamp.· You don't have to keep looping to get the servo to stay.

Good luck and have fun!
Dave

Original Message
To: basicstamps@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 9:45 PM
Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] servo's

Guys,

while looking at different examples on the net for driving hobby servo's with a BS2 i noticed that sone circuits have connections straight to the stamp and others have a resistor in line. Can anyone tell me if the resistor is needed or is just there as a saftey feature to limit the current from the stamp.

Thanks

Peter Rogers

To UNSUBSCRIBE, just send mail to:
· basicstamps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
from the same email address that you subscribed with.· Text in the Subject and Body of the message will be ignored.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.