Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help in selecting a headset — Parallax Forums

Help in selecting a headset

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2001-03-30 22:28 in General Discussion
Gentlemen:

I am interested in purchasing a headset to use with some voice recognition software that I am running on my IBM Thinkpad Laptop.· After looking at the headsets displayed on your web site, I have the following questions:

1.· All the headsets indicate that they are connected to the laptop sound card.· On my thinkpad there are 2 1/8" jacks,
one for the microphone and one for the speakers.· By connecting to the sound card do you mean that the headphone come with two plugs for the two jacks or is there some other way to connect to the sound card.·

2.· I will be using the laptop with voice recognition software in a car.· I noticed that the prices of your headset go from
$ 19.95 to $ 59.95.· In the noisy environment of a moving car, will all of your headset function adequately or there is any subset better suited for that environment.· I' m not particularly interested in such items as mute switches but am mainly concerned with the technical performance of the headset in conjunction with the software.

I would appreciate any info you can provide me.

··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· Thanks

··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· Jerry Hoffman
··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· ··· jerry.da.hoff@worldnet.att.net