Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pic16c505 — Parallax Forums

Pic16c505

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-11-13 13:20 in General Discussion
Hello
I wonder if anybody know if there exist any servo and dc-motor control schematics that use the PIC16C505 chip?
The reason to use this chip is because it is wery cheap where I live.
Another question where I live there exist only two places that sell´s Basic Stamp II products, but they do not sell any OEM Basic Stamp II and I was thinking about building me one.
But there have to be a firmware program in the chip what·I understand, so now to the question´s where do I find the Firmware code? And do I have to program the chip before I solder or put the chip on to the pcb with the rest of the components?

Regards Ken J
kenj@mail.bip.net

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-11-13 13:20
    > Hello
    > I wonder if anybody know if there exist any servo and dc-motor control
    > schematics that use the PIC16C505 chip? The reason to use this chip is
    > because it is wery cheap where I live. Another question where I live there
    > exist only two places that sell´s Basic Stamp II products, but they do not
    sell
    > any OEM Basic Stamp II and I was thinking about building me one. But there
    have
    > to be a firmware program in the chip what I understand, so now to the
    > question´s where do I find the Firmware code? And do I have to program the
    chip
    > before I solder or put the chip on to the pcb with the rest of the components?
    >

You could look for 16C54 code as it is 12 bit like the '505 and has is their
    oldest micro.
    You have to buy a pre-programmed(code protected) PIC from Parallax with
    the firmware in it.