Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
first robot — Parallax Forums

first robot

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-10-29 00:55 in General Discussion
Hello group.

I am a high school teacher who sponsors a technology club(TSA).· One the activities a group of students has beg me to take on is an R/C challenge.· This years challenge is to build a remote controlled robot that picks up one ounce solo cups and place them in a receptacle.· Quite honestly I am over my head.· None the less, I have made a commitment to these students of both time and resources.· We have a budget of about 1500-2000·USD for the project and I have dedicated the next five months to complete the project.·

I have limted experience with the Boe-bot (which the group is now working on) and limited stamp programming abilites.· My stongest qualifications is that I am dedicated to completing the project by March 15 and once dedicated I do what it takes to get the job done.·

We are basically starting from step one.· Any information the group can provide is greatly appreciated; websites, books, magazines, whatever.· As it is I spend about three to four hours a night scouring for info.·

Please feel free to contact me out of the group if you like.· pgmelton@msn.com

Thank you all in advance.

Peter Melton

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-10-28 23:40
    Peter,
    ··· To pick up a 1 oz styrofoam cup, which I assume is empty, you might consider using a small, battery powered vacume pump similar to those designed for use in cars.
    Dennis

Original Message
    From: pgmelton [noparse][[/noparse]mailto[noparse]:p[/noparse]gmelton@msn.com]
    Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 7:24 PM
    To: basicstamps@egroups.com
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] first robot

Hello group.

I am a high school teacher who sponsors a technology club(TSA).· One the activities a group of students has beg me to take on is an R/C challenge.· This years challenge is to build a remote controlled robot that picks up one ounce solo cups and place them in a receptacle.· Quite honestly I am over my head.· None the less, I have made a commitment to these students of both time and resources.· We have a budget of about 1500-2000·USD for the project and I have dedicated the next five months to complete the project.·

I have limted experience with the Boe-bot (which the group is now working on) and limited stamp programming abilites.· My stongest qualifications is that I am dedicated to completing the project by March 15 and once dedicated I do what it takes to get the job done.·

We are basically starting from step one.· Any information the group can provide is greatly appreciated; websites, books, magazines, whatever.· As it is I spend about three to four hours a night scouring for info.·

Peter Melton
  • ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-10-29 00:55
    http://www.gorobotics.net
    -William

Original Message
    To: basicstamps@egroups.com
    Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 10:23 PM
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] first robot

Hello group.

Peter Melton