Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pot to rctime question — Parallax Forums

pot to rctime question

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-09-13 23:25 in General Discussion
my project uses the bs1 pot command·to use a potentiometer as an encoder on a robotic arm.· i recently changed from·the bs1 to the bs2sx to get more speed.··does anyone have an idea on how i can use the rctime command to give me·a similar output·as the pot command without changing the physical circuit (extra 5V and resistor)?· without·going into details, it would be very difficult to change the circuit.

thanks,

stefan·

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-09-13 23:25
    Hi Stephan,

I don't have a lot of experience with RCTime, but I think that the Stamp is measuring the capacitor (dis)charge time thru the resistor. So the voltage has to come from the Stamp itself.
    But I would be interested in another solution·using external voltage, because that would be a way to get analog input without AD convertor...
    Best regards,

Phil.

Original Message
    To: basicstamps@egroups.com
    Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 5:35 PM
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] pot to rctime question

my project uses the bs1 pot command·to use a potentiometer as an encoder on a robotic arm.· i recently changed from·the bs1 to the bs2sx to get more speed.··does anyone have an idea on how i can use the rctime command to give me·a similar output·as the pot command without changing the physical circuit (extra 5V and resistor)?· without·going into details, it would be very difficult to change the circuit.

thanks,

stefan·