Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
OEM BS2 toast? — Parallax Forums

OEM BS2 toast?

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-05-27 18:49 in General Discussion
About two months ago I purchased an OEM BS2 kit from your company
I have been using an OEM BS2 and recently made a connection error Ifear may have done fatal damage.I connected a new 9-volt battery· to the VDD and the VSS pins instead ofthe Vin and VSS pins of the board.In effect I bypassed the voltage regulatorand applied 9 volts directly to the components on the board.Since then when Itry to download a program I get an Error hardware not found message on mymonitor.I am using a 386-SX16-computer running MS-DOS 4.01, which seems to befunctioning properly.I had no problems up until this point.Is it possible Ihave only damaged peripheral components, which I can replace, or might I havedamaged the PIC chip beyond repair?Any help you can give me would be greatlyappreciated.· If it is possible Ihave only damaged peripheral components a diagnostic schedule to follow toisolate the problem would be great.Thanks.
·
·

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-05-27 18:49
    About two months ago I purchased an OEM BS2 kit from your company
    Yes, actually I suspect you may have damaged it. I wouldn't be sure though. If the current program still runs you probrably haven't.

Original Message
    To: basicstamps@egroups.com
    Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 6:36 PM
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] OEM BS2 toast?

I have been using an OEM BS2 and recently made a connection error I fear may have done fatal damage.I connected a new 9-volt battery· to the VDD and the VSS pins instead of the Vin and VSS pins of the board.In effect I bypassed the voltage regulator and applied 9 volts directly to the components on the board.Since then when I try to download a program I get an Error hardware not found message on my monitor.I am using a 386-SX16-computer running MS-DOS 4.01, which seems to be functioning properly.I had no problems up until this point.Is it possible I have only damaged peripheral components, which I can replace, or might I have damaged the PIC chip beyond repair?Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.· If it is possible I have only damaged peripheral components a diagnostic schedule to follow to isolate the problem would be great.Thanks.
    ·
    ·