Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Data storage and retreival — Parallax Forums

Data storage and retreival

SofalogicSofalogic Posts: 49
edited 2004-10-14 16:37 in BASIC Stamp
freaked.gif·I am struggling with the syntax of storing temp data using the ds18s20 program. I want to store the data taken 30 minute intervals. The program to take the data is no problem. I am using a BS2P40, my plan is to store the data in the 24lc256 and retreive it later. Any hints. If I am succesful I may add the accelerometer just for fun. My daughter liked the Icon, thats why its here.

Thanks

Comments

• SofalogicSofalogic Posts: 49
    edited 2004-10-12 06:38
    Maybe I should be more explicit. I have the code to make the temp readings at the proper intervals. I do not quite have the proper syntax to store the data on the eeprom (24lc256). then I need to be able to retreive it and clear the memory. I am thinking of removing the power to the memory to blank it out. Any help?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-12 11:27
    The demo attached should get you going with the 24LC256.· If you need to use more than one device, you can make the slave address a variable.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • SofalogicSofalogic Posts: 49
    edited 2004-10-14 16:37
    Hey Jon:

Thanks for the info. I will take a shot at it this weekend. I am looking forward to next months N and V article. It has been awhile since I have tinkered with this stuff. I've got the bug real bad