Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
eeprom verify error #204 — Parallax Forums

eeprom verify error #204

weydevweydev Posts: 9
edited 2004-10-08 07:15 in BASIC Stamp
hi guys

·anyone know what the error "eeprom verify error #204" message could be caused by?

some background, the error was displayed 3% into the download of the first page of a multipage program designed for the bs2p40.·i have·downloaded to the same chip/board/cable/pc many times during my development of the program and the mods to the program amounted to moving the displayed chars on a lcd so i cant see how the fault could lie in the code·besides the program tokenises correctly.

thanks in advance .
·

Comments

• WorapohtWorapoht Posts: 17
    edited 2004-10-06 17:31
    you EEPROM may brown out..
    but take a look for cause of problem before replace EEPROM
    - check power supply. Is 5 V.DC. correctly? if error more than 15%, stop and check it.
    - is there any heavy load connect on board? such as relay or motor or LED backlight on LCD .. if yes, disconnect them and try again.
    - look on 24WC128 pins' was mounted firmly? any pin crack?

some other cause..
    - you connect Stamp with direct COM port or using USB to Serial converter?
    - lifetime was come..!
  • weydevweydev Posts: 9
    edited 2004-10-06 19:53
    psu spot on 5 volts
    no load added all outputs dissconnected
    i have looked at the legs/pads/tracks through a magnifying lense and cant see any problems
    com port is a direct connection to pc not using usb to serial conversion. although i have tried it on another pc using a usb to serial converter with the same results.
    as for its lifetime, its only a week old.

thanks worapoht for your help

any other ideas
    edited 2004-10-07 07:00
    any parallax guys know whats behind this error code?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2004-10-07 14:49
    I received it several times in one day when my laptop serial settings were a little off...Hasn't happened since.· Has anything changed there?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Knight Designs
    324 West Main Street
    P.O. Box 97
    Montour Falls, NY 14865
    (607) 535-6777

Business Page:·· http://www.knightdesigns.com
    Personal Page:··· http://www.lightlink.com/dream/chris
    Designs Page:··· http://www.lightlink.com/dream/designs
    ·
    edited 2004-10-07 15:11
    no chris this happened without any manipulation of the serial port settings that i am aware of. literally one minute the setup worked and then this error and remains after reboot. today i have tested the port on several serial devices with no problems, including another stamp based pcb i made that carries the bs2. i would try another stamp but i dont have one thats the same.

·thanks for your time

·
    edited 2004-10-08 07:15
    i'll take it no hardware guys from parallax are able to help then. not to worry i will seek a solution elsewhere.

thanks to the lads who tried.

·