Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Creative Labs remote control — Parallax Forums

Creative Labs remote control

AbyssAbyss Posts: 8
edited 2005-06-15 04:17 in Robotics
I am a newbie which has a Boe Bot in his possesion.Little knowledege is dangerous [noparse]:)[/noparse]
Everything i've read so far about controlling the little guy with a remote control reffers me to a Sony (or compatible) remote control.I have a credit card sized remote from Creative Labs.I would like to know if it would be possible to scan it's code somehow to use it with the Boe Bot.
I've tried the source code for the Sony remote but it does not work.I like it because it's so small and convenient.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2004-10-06 14:40
    If you can select the protocol the Creative Labs remote uses to BE the Sony protocol, you should be OK.

Otherwise, you'll have to get some document on the web somewhere which tells you the protocol on the Creative Labs remote. If you can't get that, you're kind of dead in the water.
  • J. A. StreichJ. A. Streich Posts: 158
    edited 2004-10-11 14:46
    He use the BOE to print debug messages and then press each key he is intrested in...
  • AbyssAbyss Posts: 8
    edited 2004-10-12 01:52
    I am sorry i don't understand exactly the last message.Is it possible somehow to debug (display) the codes i send from the remote?
  • JED1JED1 Posts: 17
    edited 2005-06-15 04:17
    The Sony IR code you can think of it like the languages we speak. It is speaking Japanese while your card is speaking Spanish or any two
    different languages of your choice. The simple and easy way to handle this is to go to a store that sells the universal TV remote (usually cost $10)
    and use its manual to find out how to set it up for the Sony language. Then do a trial and error method of pushing buttons and note which causes
    what response. You can if you choose program the Stamp to understand the other codes but you will need to know which code the card uses and
    understand it first.