Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp with eb500 and dbt120 — Parallax Forums

basic stamp with eb500 and dbt120

cvinucvinu Posts: 1
edited 2004-09-28 16:34 in BASIC Stamp
hi all
·I am trying to use eb500 and dbt120 to create a bluetooth comm.
·Can anyone tell me
1) ·if I need to make any physical connections between basic stamp 2p and eb500 ?
2) I tried to run the program given in the eb500 manual, but I can't seem to get any communication between eb500 and dbt120 ?

please reply
thanks
·

Comments

• Scott HScott H Posts: 3
    edited 2004-09-28 16:34
    Hi cvinu,

I have the same setup here, with an eb500 and a dbt-120. While I still haven't gotten the setup to do everything the way I want it to, I have gotten them to "see" each other.

Two thoughts:
    1. Simply plugging the eb500 into the AppMod header is all the physcial connection you need to do if you are using a BOE.
    2. Did you install the My Bluetooth software that comes with the DBT-120? This is an important step.
    After you did that, did you go to the tray icon, right click on it and choose Advanced Properties...
    After that, choose the local services tab. Select BlueTooth Serial port and click on the Properties button. Check the box to start it automatically and then uncheck the secure communications box. Click ok.
    After that, choose the Client Serivces tab, Select the BlueTooth Serial Port and click on the properties button. Uncheck the secure communications box and click ok.

This all seems to be necessary, but unfortunately is missing from the manual. The eb500 currently does not support Secure Connections which use a passkey or link key to "pair" the two bluetooth adapters.

Now, you should be able to successfully follow the instructions in the manual on pages 24-30 and on how to find the device and talk to it.

These are the items that initially gave me difficulty. There may well be some other way to go about this, anyone who knows, please chime in!

Scott