Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TAOS tcs 230 — Parallax Forums

TAOS tcs 230

ionion Posts: 101
edited 2004-09-26 19:39 in BASIC Stamp
[font=Arial,Bold size=1]On June 2003, Jon Williams had an article about this kit- "Color me Tickled". ·I read the column, but I would like to go little further on this. Does anybody have an idea how to expand the project and use 2 kits which will take the reading from two different parts (lighting might be different from one to the other) and compare the colors. The two parts are supposed to be the same color, but sometimes by mistake, are mixed. Therefore, I have a product with one component one color and the other component is a different color. I would like to know if it is a way to expand the same project, using one stamp, and take a decision: parts are the same color or parts does not match, then identify one color from three possible· choices.
·Thank you[/font][font=Arial,Bold size=5]
[/font]

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2004-09-25 19:00
    Yes, this can be done.· When you are teaching the 230 different colors, the color perception can be made fine or coarse.· If the components are very nearly the same color there should be no problem.· Software to compare the two colors and Accept or Reject would not be too difficult.

A marked difference in the light falling on the two components might cause some problems but using the TCS230 Color sensor from parallax would probably solve that problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Try the Stamp Tester

http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html
    ·
  • ionion Posts: 101
    edited 2004-09-25 20:42
    Sid,
    The component are the same color from the same paint boot. The only problem is that they put one component grey and the other black . Two color sensors on the same stamp must see that and the stamp has to make the decision; pass or fail.
    Can you guide me how to do it ? Also, if the colors match , the stamp should tell me what color it is from 3 choices.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-26 18:58
    I think the important part of that article is on "teaching" the sensor what white is -- called "white balancing" by videographers. This calibrates the sensor for its ambient environment. If you calibrate each sensor location, the readings returned should still be scaled in proper RGB proportions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • ionion Posts: 101
    edited 2004-09-26 19:39
    Thank you Jon