Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Plm 24 — Parallax Forums

Plm 24

Fast MiconFast Micon Posts: 16
edited 2004-09-20 00:53 in BASIC Stamp
I am interested in a PLM24 (a mains modem) to setup a home automation project.· I have written a dozen times to info@hth.com to request information about shipment and payment and have had no answer at all.· It appears the company is not operative.· Additionally, does anybody have experimented with the modem?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2004-09-17 22:32
    FastMicon,

The company has been very receptive in the past but the owner (Christer Johannsen) has taken his business off-line for a year or more and is now not receptive to new business. Do not expect any response from him at this point on the PLM24, though this could change in the future.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Fast MiconFast Micon Posts: 16
    edited 2004-09-17 22:46
    Are there any similar products in the market? I really do not want to rewire my home and X10 is not a solution for my needs.
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2004-09-17 23:17
    Fast Micon -

Just as a matter of curiousity, where or how does X-10 fail to meet your needs?
    Knowing that might aid in finding an alternate solution for you.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Fast MiconFast Micon Posts: 16
    edited 2004-09-20 00:53
    I am designing a series of sensors, loggers and actuators aroud the house that share information through a messaging system. The messaging protocol allows tranfers from one unit to another. I liked the mains modem a lot since it does not require rewiring and is a much cheaper solution than wireless. I understant that there are not many data tranfers products built around X10 for 220v 50Hz. If no replacement is found I believe I will go with wireless.