Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem printing Basic Stamp Editor Help Files V2.0 & V2.1 — Parallax Forums

Problem printing Basic Stamp Editor Help Files V2.0 & V2.1

ccevtccevt Posts: 10
edited 2004-10-12 11:53 in BASIC Stamp
Am I the only one that has the program become non responsive when attempting to print anything in the program HELP files? It is a problem with V2.0 so I just downloaded and installed V2.1 and it is still a problem. I'm using Windows XP-Pro upgraded to someplace between SP1 and SP2. CPU is Athlon XP2100+, GB ram, and lots of hard drive space left. The program doesn't give me the option of specifying which printer, it just goes into a non responsive condition with a perpetual hour glass and will eventually give the "program not responding" message when prodded a bit. Anybody have a solution?

Thanks,
Horace in Vermont

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2004-09-09 19:03
    Copy and paste what you want to print to a word processor, then print the word processor.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Visit the Piggyback Page

http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html
    ·
  • JJCJJC Posts: 3
    edited 2004-09-23 00:08
    I have the same problem, there are another way to obtain exactly the same information in a file to be printed?
  • ionion Posts: 101
    edited 2004-09-23 02:51
    Open the help file from start menu and not from the editor . Start ,programms, parallax inc, basictsamp editor, help.
    It is a bug in the help file and Parallax is working on it. It will work smooth and not crash
    edited 2004-09-23 14:22
    Sorry but problem is the same, PRINT option doesn't works.
    edited 2004-10-11 15:35
    Open only PBASIC.HTM Syntax Guide from Windows explorer (not from the Basic Stamp Editor). In my PC: C:\Program Files\Parallax Inc\Stamp Editor v2.1\PBASIC.htm

Print works as expected.
  • basicstampedebasicstampede Posts: 214
    edited 2004-10-11 16:22
    I've noticed similar problems.· Some programs print fine, but some just gives junk.

So far, I've just cut & pasted onto Word, but with the number of complaints I see here, I gotta think this is a bug in software.

I hope they fix it soon.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-12 11:53
    I would love to know what's wrong ... the Help file is just a bunch of HTM files that I compile with Microsoft's HTML Help File Compiler. There is nothing "Parallax" about it. I will double check today to see if there is something in the project file that must be enabled to allow printing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office