Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1 proto board considerations — Parallax Forums

BS1 proto board considerations

nick bernardnick bernard Posts: 329
edited 2004-08-27 23:41 in BASIC Stamp
hey ya,

i bought a "stamp collection". i have a bs1 but cannot use it bc i dont have a proto board,
hence, i'm building a bs1 proto board so that i may program my bs1 and plug it in to a bread board or something.

are there any special considerations for designing such an animal...

wait let me check the parallax website...

...2 minutes lator...

i found the "BASIC Stamp 1 Carrier Board" but i didnt see any schematics

any help would be well received

rox on
nick B
·

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-27 14:36
    The pinout for the BS1-IC is in the manual, page 8.· Is there anything else you need?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
    817 x 484 - 21K
  • nick bernardnick bernard Posts: 329
    edited 2004-08-27 16:21
    thx jon

i didnt think i had a manual handy for a bs1 but turns out i was wrong; i have "basic stamp manual v1.9" on a bookshelf far far away... well slightly out of arms length
    i drove on down to radioshack and picked up a pc board and whipped one up and its working fine.

i think i'll toy around with your "serial slave device" from this nifty nuts & volts's article

btw, kudos on the very excellent bs1 programming adapter!

rox on
    nick B
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-27 17:11
    I hope the article is helpful -- and it was two of our crack engineers, John and Jeff, that came up with that adapter. Believe it or not it will work with voltage swings of as little as 1 volt. We've found a lot of FUNKY serial ports that have cause problems, so we wanted to make sure that this adapter could handle them.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,178
    edited 2004-08-27 18:54
    ·Hello from Buck Rogers
    Yes, that is a dandy little device. Now as for a protodevice for your BS1, I've got a dandy idea, based on the standard BS1 carrier board, and a WW socket for 16, and a cable wearing two dip headers. My website has the details, plus a photograph. http://www.gregg.levine.name·

Just look on the bottom of the home page for the reference, and go there.One of our correspondents, you can guess who, on the old board, when I posted the message there, was quite taken with it.
    Buck Rogers
    www.gregg.levine.name
  • nick bernardnick bernard Posts: 329
    edited 2004-08-27 23:41
    irony is me surfing your site earlier today and seeing that very same picture....

rox on
    nick B