Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
washing machine under basic stamp control? — Parallax Forums

washing machine under basic stamp control?

markallenmarkallen Posts: 10
edited 2004-08-27 03:34 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to control the movement of a washing machine with a stamp. It's for a sculpture, it's not going to have water in it

I have a schematic, but I'm confused by the motor, as it seems to have three windings. Can anyone explain to me what kind of motor this is?

I've attached the part of the schematic with the motor.

The full schematic can be viewed here > http://www.markallen.com/work/washer/wiring.jpg
The motor schematic can be viewed here > http://www.markallen.com/work/washer/washer_motor.jpg

any advice welcome [noparse]:)[/noparse]
290 x 400 - 14K

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2004-08-26 22:03
    Looks like a 3-phase motor to me.

Terry
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2004-08-26 22:31
    Gents -

It's MUCH more likely that it's a three winding motor with a START winding, and two RUN windings - one low speed, and the second high speed. Low speed is used for wash, rinse and low speed spin. The high speed winding is used for the last, high speed spin. The START winding is used whenever the motor is starting from a dead stop.

The only time I could imagine that this MIGHT be a three phase motor is if it's a very large industrial or commercial washer, not somethng found in a residence. Just MHO.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • jamesemjamesem Posts: 3
    edited 2004-08-27 03:34
    Hi,

Looking at the full schematic this is definitely not a three phase motor, not unless the "Motor Control" box does some conversion to three phase which is unlikely.

This whole circuit works off of 120 VAC (L1, N and GND) so it is not three phase. Otherwise, you would have L1, L2, L3 and GND wires powering the washing machine.

You would need to get the information on the motor control because you have four switches or relays that control the motor control box which in turns controls the motor.

Have a great day!!

James E. Merritt

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James E. Merritt
    BSEE, AAS- Hi Tech Electronics/Robotics