Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connecting the BasicStamp to a TI-83+ — Parallax Forums

Connecting the BasicStamp to a TI-83+

shandarshandar Posts: 12
edited 2004-08-24 18:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hi!

I'm totally new here at the forum, but I've been toying around with my homeworkboard for a month or so now. Tired of my little robot I decided to start a new project: connecting the BasicStamp to a TI-83+ to build an incredibly expensive IRlink between two calcs. But I have one problem, how does the GraphLink work? Its an 2.5mm plug, but what part is Tx and Rx? What baudrate? What voltage and so on? Doesn't seem to be ordinary TTL... (not 100% sure what I need to know, but I'm in no hurry to build this so I've got a couple of years to learn what ever is necesary [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I don't think should it would be that difficult since I've seen loads of toys that people have built at home wich connects to the calculator.. But how? :P

I'm quite familiar with programming the BasicStamp but electronics isn't my strongest part (yet), but as I said, I'm willing to learn.

Cheers
Mikael

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2004-08-22 12:52
    Mikael -

Give this link a try: http://www.smallrobot.com/bs2ti.html

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Armored CarsArmored Cars Posts: 172
    edited 2004-08-23 18:55
    The links to the programs dont work.
  • manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2004-08-23 21:19
    Having just acquired a TI-83 plus and USB graphlink, I was interested in your post and the reply. The links open html pages which are the programs stuck together as one long line. I have deciphered the bs2 program by pasting into the stamp editor, dividing the lines, adding directives,·but don't know enough about the TI-83 plus yet to help there. If anyone can sort this out using the principle I have described, please post your results.

I attach my deciphered bs2 program:

Regards,

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
    Isle of Man, British Isles
  • Armored CarsArmored Cars Posts: 172
    edited 2004-08-24 18:14
    This is what Im getting from the links in order from top to bottom:

serdata var byte again: '*****this will wait for serial from calculator serin 15,396,[noparse][[/noparse]serdata] '***this will send it to the pc debug screen debug dec serdata, cr '***this will send the same data plus 1 back to the calculator serdata=serdata + 1 serout 15,396,[noparse][[/noparse]serdata] goto again

**TI83F* Program file dated 06/24/00, 13:15f2
  • manxstampmanxstamp Posts: 57
    edited 2004-08-24 18:57
    serdata is defined in the first line of the bs2 program. It is a byte sized variable in to which to put data sent·by the TI-83·. This is simply a demo of data transfer, as described in the instructions from Norland Research on the page with these links. I have e-mailed the author, Rick Rowland,·to ask for the TI-83 programs or for the links to be sorted out but have had no reply yet. The TI programs are unintelligible to me and look scrambled but I am not yet familiar with the Z80 assembly language or TI basic and can't help there.

John

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Manxstamp,
    Isle of Man, British Isles