Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Asking about SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode" — Parallax Forums

Asking about SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode"

StephanusStephanus Posts: 4
edited 2006-03-29 13:19 in BASIC Stamp
My name is Stephanus. I have problem·with transmit and receive data using SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode". I have followed all the instruction in the mannual of SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode" but the data that I receive by using SureLink 900 MHz RF Module (#30065) "Point B" are not the same with the data that I transmit by using SureLink 900 MHz RF Module (#30065) "Point A".
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• cabojoecabojoe Posts: 72
    edited 2004-08-19 03:11
    Are you transmitting from stamp to stamp? Make sure you are not transmitting too fast for the stamp to receive the info, since there is no buffer in the stamp.
  • StephanusStephanus Posts: 4
    edited 2004-08-21 03:09
    Yes, I sent data from stamp to stamp. But before I sent data, I use pulse generator as the source and transmitted stamp to stamp (point A & B). Point A transmitt and point B receive. Then, I check point B, but clock that I receive at point B is not the same with the clock that point A transmitt.
    edited 2004-08-21 03:52
    First off I would verify what I am sending out with a debug statement on the transmitting end. Then I would also look at what the receiving end is getting with another debug statement. Assuming you've done this, I would set up the jumpers on both surelink modules to transmit and receive at 2400. In the Surelink manual in standalone mode the jumpers are set to 9600 baud I believe. I think you are trying to receive faster than the receiving stamp can take it in. Just wondering, did you get a quicklink board also?·Let me know if this helps.

EDIT: I just reread your post...are you sending data or pulses? If you are sending pulses you need to be in RC mode and use different pins.

Post Edited (cabojoe) : 8/21/2004 3:55:58 AM GMT
    edited 2004-08-25 01:59
    Thank you again for your help and attention.

Now I am making my final project "Wireless Module for Barcode Scanner". The type of barcode scanner that I use is keyboard emulation interface and also two RF Module SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065). I am planning to connect barcode scanner with wireless module(A) and transmitt the data to PC.I am also connect PC with wireless module(B). Then, wireless module(B) that connect with PC will receive data from wireless module(A). After that, if the data is correct, wireless module(B) will give confirmation to wireless module(A) that the data is correct. I am also planning to have many wireless module(A) and one wireless module(B) so I can have many barcode scanner and many wireless module(A) that can send data(barcode) to one wireless module(B) that connect with PC.

My question are:
    1. RF Module SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) have many mode. I have reading the mannual, but I still confuse. For my case, wich mode should I use?
    2. I am read in the manuall that the configuration memory in RF Module SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) can be program. Should I program the configuration memory if I use the mode in answer number 1?
    3. If the configuration memory must be program, should I buy QuickLink Demo Board(#30066) to program the configuration memory of RF Module SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065)?

Sorry for asking so much question. Once again, thank you very much for your help and attention.
    edited 2004-08-25 02:24
    1. Cable link mode
    2. The default jumper wiring for the Surelinks A and B in the manual is for cable mode.
    3. I would advise you to get one Quicklink for the PC side. The Quicklink includes the rs-232 interface for your PC. So instead of·having to wire the pc side into·stand alone mode and adding an rs-232 interface,·you will simply adjust the jumpers on the Quicklink and plug it into your pc.·On the scanner end, you can either jumper the Surelink for stand alone mode as in the manual, or you can program it for stand alone operation using the Quicklink.

I purchased two Quicklink boards. I believe that·you ·could get by with just one. You need it for the pc interface, and with one Quicklink you can program either Surelink.

Let me know how it's going.cool.gif
    ·
    edited 2005-01-06 05:09
    I have follow your advise.
    But, why when I am transmitting data using SureLink 900 MHz RF Module#30065 (point A) Stand alone mode at 2400 baud rate to SureLink 900 MHz RF Module#30065 (point B) Stand alone mode at 2400 baud rate, the data that received by SureLink 900 MHz RF Module#30065 (point B) still not the same with the data that transmitting by SureLink 900 MHz RF Module#30065 (point A).

Thanks for your help and attention.
  • SlavcoSlavco Posts: 1
    edited 2006-03-29 01:39
    Hi.My name is Gerardo. I have problem with transmit and receive data using SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode". I have followed all the instruction in the mannual of SureLink 900 MHz RF(#30065) "Stand Alone Mode". I read the manual, but I dont understand how can I transmit and receive data with the stand alone mode.
    My questions are:
    - The data input/output are serial or TTL???
    - Can I modify the programs loaded into stamps???
    - I want to connect the Surelink 900Mhz RF module with a microcontroller, can I do it ????
    Thank you for your help.
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-03-29 13:19
    Hi,
    With the Quicklink board, the signal levels are RS-232 levels. When direct connected to the radio module, they are TTL levels. The Quicklink board is very useful if one radio will be connected to a PC, as has been pointed out. Also very handy to change the radio parameters.

With the standard Quicklinks,I don't think you can program due to issues with the reset required at the end of a download. But, there are one or two other suppliers who offer a modified RF link that can be used to program. Sorry, don't have the contact info. Try Google "RF Basic Stamp" .

I've used the Surelinks on several projects and they definitely are microcontroller friendly.

Regards